Who, What, Why, When, Where, How
In many organizations, the process of getting new products approved requires collaboration among multiple business and functional groups working in different time zones and, sometimes, different continents.
As a leader of a product development, management, or marketing organization, you know all too well that it isn’t easy to prioritize product requirements under shrinking market windows and budgets. To make matters worse, you operate in an environment where the only constant is change.
How do you effectively stay on top of “who, what, why, when, where and how” from concept to launch while navigating through complexity, diversity, and uncertainty? There are numerous stakeholders, and often it is groups or committees that make decisions. Here are examples of typical challenges they face:
- Who is working on what? How can I make sure that the right information is available to the right individual as the roles and projects change in a new product development environment?
- What is the impact of change on product or project scope, schedule, and the various stakeholders’ objectives?
- Why is one requirement prioritized over another?
- Where are the files, issues, and discussions related to a specific requirement?
- When do specific team members get notified of a requirement change?
- How do you evaluate a product in the context of various business metrics while factoring in overall business strategy and impact on market segments?
To see how Avata CPD can enable you to solve this puzzle, request a personal online demo.